I finished up my "Survival" kit for the Uinta trip tonight with about 15 minutes to spare. (before Young Men's) The kit has things like matches, fishing line and hooks, compass, whistle, etc. Ryan came with me to Young Men's, where we went through our survival kits to make sure the boys had everything they need. After going through our kits we went to Sportsmans Warehouse where I bought the necessary fishing gear I will need for the week. I spent just over $47 on fishing gear. I bought a fly/spinning combo reel, a fly reel, 10 flies (at .99 a piece) and some spinners.
I'm excited to learn to fly fish and even more excited to catch lots of fish up in the Uintas. All I need to do is get my food together and I will be ready to go. I have less than a week, so I'm getting a little nervous, but am excited about the oppurtunity. This trip has cost me a lot, but hopefully I will be able to take Deni on a 2-3day trip next year into the mountains to do the same thing.