We got our new kitchen table today. Deni's parents drove all the way from AZ to bring it up to us. Thanks Donna and Keith! Over the 4th of July weekend, while we were in AZ, we saw this table and really wanted it. As you can see, we ended up with it. We like it because it is different and beautiful. Right now, we have the leaf folded in, so it extends even bigger. We got 6 chairs along with this, so we will put 2 by the bar and have 4 for the table.
I got packed for my week long trip to the Uintas. I don't have a scale so I don't know how much my pack weighs, but I think it is over 50 lbs. I don't have any water in my pack, but bought a Katadyn Hiker Pro water filter, so I will pump as I go to cut down on weight.
Tonight I put the kids to bed. I asked Ryan to be "the dad" while I was gone. He said "ok, I will watch Sydney and Mom...."
I guess I will be coming back on Friday night, instead of Saturday. It will be hard to be away from the kids and Deni for so long. But I know Ryan will be a good "dad" while I'm away. Plus Deni's parents are here till Wed. Ryan's birthday is Sunday and I really wanted to do something on Saturday anyways, so it will work out great.