Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Fishing and mowing

There are 2 things that I enjoy immensely. Fishing (and catching fish) and mowing my own lawn. Weird eh? Tonight I got to do them both.

I told Ryan I would take him fishing last night, but couldn't because the back of the truck was full of things. So I told him it I would take him today. We took the canoe and went up to Spanish Oak Reservoir. Within about 15 minutes of getting on the water, I had hooked the first fish. I made sure it was on the hook good and then handed my pole to Ryan to let him reel it in. It was a smaller fish, about 10-11 inches, but we kept it. Before I left, I told Deni were were coming home with 4 fish, so I wasn't about to come home with nothing.

A few minutes later I had caught the second fish that was a little bit bigger and fatter. About that time, it started getting darker and darker with rain clouds. I was getting a little worried about lightening sitting out on the Reservoir by ourselves, so I decided it was time to get off the water. Ryan played on the sandy beach, while I cast a few times. It started sprinkling so we packed up and came home. There is a fish cleaning place at the reservoir, so we cleaned the fish and came home.

The bishop came over to meet us tonight. I was downstair, according to Deni, "singing at the top of my lungs" while she let them in, so they heard me. Embarrassing.

Finally, I mowed the lawn. There is something about seeing the angled stipes in a freshly mowed lawn. This is the first time I have mowed my new lawn. We have a big yard. Wow. I mowed till dark. After mowing the lawn, Deni and I watched the reality tv show - Rock Star INXS