Saturday, August 27, 2005

Family Gathering at Mom and Dad's

Went fishing as a family today up at Spanish Oaks Reservoir. We went in the middle of the day, so we didn't catch anything. However it was a fun time. Sydney fell in the water. I was only 3 feet away from her, and she had her life jacket on, so I wasn't that concerned. But the water was so cold, it scared her, as it took her breathe away. Both kids liked to play in the freezing cold water. Ryan held on to the outside of canoe, while I paddled over to the sandy beach from one of the sides.

We came home and put Sydney to bed for a nap. I worked on the garage a little bit. We can get both cars in the garage now, however, there is still work to do, as it is a very tight fit.

Stefanie and family came to see the house around 5:00pm. It was the first time that they had seen the house. We gave them the grand tour, then headed to Mom and Dad's for a BBQ with the whole family.

Our whole family was there, except Shane. Uncle Ken and two of his girls, Kara and Shannon were also there. It was fun to have almost the whole family together to visit. As always it gets crazy when all of us are there. With Teresa's 5, Stefanie's 4 and our 2, it makes for a crazy, noisy night. However the time flew by. It was 10pm before I knew it.