Saturday, May 03, 2008

Take 2

When I was in college, I had to retake a class in an attempt to get a better grade so I could get into the business program. Retaking the class wasn't fun. Matter of fact, I hate having to redo anything.

I went out to check on my water automation project I did yesterday with my dad and there are 2 places where it is leaking. Grrrr. Because it is put together with PVC pipe and glue, all you can do it cut out the joints that are leaking and re-do them. I considered just leaving it alone and letting it leak, but I decided against it.

So tonight for an hour or so, I cut out all the work I did yesterday and did it again. I'm hoping that it doesn't leak this time. I was able to do it quite faster the second time, which is good, as it means I learned something.

One reason it leaked was I didn't use teflon tape for a joint that screwed. I decided I could do without it as I didn't have any and I didn't want to drive out to the store again. Lesson learned.

Luckily I had all the parts (and borrowed some teflon tape from a neighbor) to do it again. I haven't tested it yet. So I hope I learned my lesson well.

After I put it back together, we decided it would be fun to fishing as a family. Deni and Ryan went and dug worms while I finished up. The pond is about 2 miles from our house. When we got there, we had noticed we had forgotten the worms, so we happened to have mini marshmellows in the car and decided to use those. There were people in our regular spot, so we had to find a different spot. Although we didn't catch anything, we got many strikes and had an enjoyable time.