Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Running back to work

Ever since I started a vanpool (through Utah Transportation Authority -UTA) 2 months ago, I haven't been able to consistently swim twice I week like I have wanted to. Because we lease a van though UTA for the vanpool, they are pretty strict on the mileage and only give us a few "personal" miles a month. In an attempt to get my swim in today, I had a co-worker drop me off at the Provo pool where I was going to do my swim and then run back to work (which is about 5k away).

I didn't take anything with me other than my shoes and shirt, so I wouldn't have to run carrying anything.

I swam a 1/2 mile, dried off, got my shoes on and 4 minutes after getting out of the pool, I was running back to work. As I started running I got stomach cramps, which is always fun at the beginning of your run. I pushed through it and had a slow run, but it was good.

I ran right back to the Novell onsite gym, showered and then headed back to work.