I usually feel like I'm a fairly happy person most of the time, however so far this week has just been a crappy week. It's mostly work related and I really don't want to go into the details but let's just say I'm quite unhappy at the moment. May 1st I hit my 8 year anniversary at Novell and in the 8 years at Novell, I can't say I've ever felt like this.
I know I've been bringing my less than happy attitude home and I hate that. I've been a grouch at home when it has nothing to do with home or my family.
Tonight we went to Young Men/Young Women. We had combined activity tonight and played human foosball. It was fun, I was able to get a little of my frustration out by kicking the huge soccer ball as it came by.
Both our kids where there (as usual), however since it wasn't an activity they could really participate in, they were great kids and hung out and watched. When I got home, Deni handed me 2 cards the kids had made for me during the activity.
On the front of Sydney's card, she wrote Sydney (heart) Brett, then on the inside there were 2 drawn people. (I'm assuming one is me and the other is her.) They are both smiling. If Sydney is ever sad, she'll draw a picture of a person with a frown.
On the front of Ryan's card, it said "U work hard" and on the inside it said "Dad, Thank you for all of the work you do for are (our) family. We love you dad. He drew a picture of me sitting at a desk with a computer in front of me. How can I continue having a horrible week when I have 2 great kids and a great wife supporting me and helping me along.
I know I need to change my attitude and it's hard not to after getting cards from my kids.