I took today off. With Monday being a holiday, I decided I should turn a 3 day weekend into a 4 day weekend.
As soon as I woke up Deni said, "Let's go running." My response was "But it's my day off, I don't want to run right now, how about later today." Deni said "But it's gorgeous outside right now, let's go now." It was gorgeous outside, sunny, a little cool, but a perfect day.Apparently I'm more stubborn than Deni, as she gave up and we decided to run later in the afternoon.
We ate lunch around 12:30pm then headed out to Salem to run the race route for our race on June 7th. As we drove to Salem it started raining. On top of the rain, it was already chilly outside, 48 degrees to be exact, but because I was more stubborn this morning, I got what was coming to me. As we left on our 5k run pushing Sydney in the rain, Deni heard her favorite 6 words. "You were right, I was wrong."
The run wasn't too bad but was not great. 28 minutes for 5k. There are a few good hills on the run. Pushing Sydney made the run a little harder, so I'm hoping for a faster time in the race as I won't be pushing her.
Disclaimer: No children were cold or wet during the duration of our 5k run. Sydney was in our jogging stroller which has a cover to keep out the weather. She also had a blanket inside listening to Deni's ipod and singing. (which was fun to listen to, as she couldn't hear herself.)