Thursday, May 15, 2008

Continuing Education

I got home tonight and I could tell Deni was feeling rushed. I had forgotten she signed up for a running class through Utah Valley University Continuing education and tonight was the first night of the 6 week class.

We ate dinner and then Deni was off. The kids and I planted most of the garden. Around 8pm I put them to bed. Both of them wanted me to read to them, but it was getting dark and I needed to get the rest of the garden planted, so I told them both to read to themselves and turn their lights off when they were finished. I went back out and finished planting and watering the garden. When I came in I fully expected both the kids to either still be awake or for both of them to have their lights on and be asleep holding a book. I was wrong, both of them were a sleep and the lights were out. I felt bad that I didn't take the time to read to them tonight. I'm very blessed to have book worms for kids. Ryan more than Sydney, however once Sydney learns to read, I think she will take off. Usually we try to read to the kids each night at bed time.

Ryan and I are reading a fiction LDS book by C.B. Andersen that his Grandma Bigler bought for him while she was here a few weeks ago. It's fun to read with Ryan.

Since Deni was already up in Orem for her running class, she decided to take advantage of her favorite babysitter (me) and go swimming as well. Which was ok, as the kids were already in bed, I had already worked out during lunch and my favorite TV show (LOST) was on. Deni won't watch LOST with me, so it worked out perfectly, however she didn't get home until after 10pm.