Thursday, May 22, 2008

A really long time

Tonight was Sydney's dance recital. Deni has a running class at UVU, so I was in charge of getting Sydney to the dance recital on time. We got there about 5:45pm and I helped her get into her first outfit. The recital started at 6:30pm and lasted for about an hour. As I sat down and saw other parents holding flowers for their daughters I knew I was in trouble. I remembered last year and feeling like I should have gotten Sydney some flowers, but forgot this year.

Sydney was cute, as usual, and great in the 3 little dances she did. The theme was "The Wizard of Oz".

Here is a quick video clip of Sydney dancing. I was videoing and Ryan was manning our digital camera, so Ryan took this video. Not too bad for a 7 year old. Sydney is on the far left of the video. I love her watching her look over her shoulder then twrilling around.




After the recital, Sydney saw alot of the other girls getting flowers and said to me, "Dad, where's my prize?" Of course I felt bad and quickly said, "Let's go to the store and get you a prize, what do you want?" She said "Bubble gum". So we drove to the grocery store and she got her a pack of bubble gum tape. It looks like I got off easy this year, but next year I won't forget the flowers.

Ryan and Sydney after the dance recital.



Sydney the dancer.




Deni and I usually take turns putting the kids to bed. Ryan normally gravitates to Deni and Sydney to me, however we usually switch every night. I enjoy putting both to bed, however Ryan always thinks that I put him to bed the night before (meaning he really wants Deni to put him to bed most of the time.) In this case, he was right, I did put him to bed the night before, however I put both kids to bed as Deni was gone to her running class.

As I knelt down to say prayers with Ryan we had the following conversation:

Ryan: Dad, It's been a really long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long time since Mom has put me to bed.

Me: Ryan, how many long's was that?

Ryan: About 8 or 9.


Ryan always makes me laugh.