My baby learned to ride a 2 wheel bike today (without training wheels). Deni had worked with her a little bit this last week but Sydeny fell and got mad at Deni. So she wanted her "Daddy" to help her learn to ride a bike. Deni got all of Sydney's protective gear on (including sunglasses) and she was ready. I ran behind Sydney for about 50 feet and then let go without her knowing. She road for 15 feet on her own until she realized I wasn't holding on and started to panic. I was close enough to grab her and keep her going. I kept telling her to balance.
Here's a little slide show of her riding.
Sydney rode to Ryan's school and back today. I'm amazed how fast she picked up riding a 2 wheeler today. She still has alot of things to learn (like how to make left hand turns). Actually she just keeps going right until she's gone all the way around, so technically she does know how to go left, she just takes the longer route to get there.