I caught up to her while she was riding the horseshoe loop around neighborhood. On my bike, I have an odometer and when I caught up to her, she was riding at 10 mph and got up to about 12 mph at her peak. The horseshoe loop is 1/5th of a mile. We rode around it 5 times and I had to convince her it was time to go get Ryan from fishing lessons, else she would have wanted to go around and around.
So we rode 1 mile together and apparently she rode 2 other miles earlier today. So there you have it, my 4 year old rode 3 miles on her bike. If a 3 year old can do it, anyone can do it.
Deni and I think Sydney is going to follow in her parents shoes and be a little triathlete. She learned to swim this year too, so maybe next year she will debut her skills as a 5 year old triathlete (in a kids tri, of course).
We got snow again, but snow doesn't stop Sydney from riding her bike.