Because we left so early, we stopped for dinner in Cedar City. We stopped at a KFC, but I decided to run next door to Taco Bell. I found what I wanted on the menu and ordered. The menu said my meal was $5.39 +tax, so it was a surprise to me when the teenage/college age girl which took my order announced, "That will be $4.07."
I opened my wallet to get my cash, looked up at the menu one more time and pointed out to her that the menu stated my meal was $5.39. She looked at it and said, don't worry, you'll get what you ordered. Lucky me - right? Uh... there's more. So I hand her a 5 dollar bill. She apparently typed in that I gave her the correct change (meaning she typed in $4.07) into the machine. Of course, that then told her she owed me no change, but she knew she did. At this point, I could have given her a 2nd grade math refresher, by telling her 5.00 minus 4.07 is .93, but I decided to see how this would turn out. The 2nd grade math was escaping her, so she called for the much more qualified on-duty manager to help her with the math. She said the following "I messed up. He gave me $5.00 and the order total was $4.07, how much change do I need to give him?" The "manager" (and I use that very loosely) did the math in his head (which was his first mistake) and he said "43 cents". If not sure how he came to that number, but he made it sound official, so she gave me 43 cents. I thought about correcting both of them, but I thought they've probably punished themselves enough already (as I'm sure both of them will never be able to get a better job than Taco Bell.)
My food came as promised and was well worth the $4.57 I paid for it.
After eating dinner, we continued down to Zion National Park. After paying the $25 per vehicle fee to enter the park, we entered into Zion National Park and went to our $16 a night campsites. Our group of 6 (2 leaders and 4 boys) was in charge of getting the 6 tents setup before dark. We had another car coming down after dark.
We had a beautiful view from our campsite, although the campsites were quite small and close together. There were over 150 campsites in the Watchman campground (where we stayed) and they were all full.