For the last few months I've been working out at the onsite gym at Novell. I've been at Novell for almost 8 years and never taken advantage of it until this year.
The gym is exceptional and had everything I need. I've enjoyed walking down to the gym, grabbing a clean towel, working out, showering, and throwing my dirty towel in a basket for someone else to wash and fold. On top of that, for $5 a month, they'll do my laundry. Obviously it's only my work out clothes, but hey, $5 bucks for a clean pair of socks, shirt and pants each day - that's a deal.
My usual workout is 20k bike ride then either 10k elliptical or a 5k run on the treadmill. My work out takes about 2 hours roundtrip (which includes walk-in to an from my office, working out and showering.) I don't skimp on the shower - I love long showers. I usually do this Monday, Wednesday and Friday. To offset my long lunch these days, I get up earlier and read/respond to my emails from home. It's nice getting to work at 8am knowing I have a clean inbox and a jumpstart on the day.
When I got to the gym today, all the bikes were full. (There are 4 upright bikes and 2 sitting down bikes.) So I decided to run first. I'm not a fan of running but thought I'd run 5k today. My goal for the Salem Triathlon is to run the 5k in 24 minutes or less. Today I ran 5k in 24 minutes and 10 seconds. Not too bad. That's just under a 8 minute mile.
After the run, I got on the bike and did 20k in just under 35 minutes. I was sweating profusely by the time I got done with both.