Friday, April 25, 2008

Take your son to work day

Today I had the opportunity to bring Ryan to work with me. Novell does a great job at these kind of events. We started out in the Hard Disk Cafe (which Ryan called the Hard Drive, which made me laugh a little.) We got a light breakfast, then off to the opening event. They had the local planetarium come and do an hour long science opening show. Ryan got picked to help in one of the demonstrations, where he had to go and use a bike pump to launch 2 liter bottle into the air. He was pretty excited to have gotten picked. There were probably at least 150 people (moms/dads and kids).

After the opening show, we then went to other little demos about Astrology, Careers in the FBI, Rockets (taught by a rocket scientist), etc. They were all fun activities. Ryan enjoyed the little spiffs each class gave as we left the room. He got a jump rope, pen, stuffed animal, etc.

We got done around noon, where we stopped by the hard disk to get some free cotton candy and popcorn.

By noon, I was feeling really bad, bad enough I wanted to go home for the rest of the day. It started out with a fever and was very achy. I had planned on going out to lunch with Ryan and then keeping him at my desk for the rest of the day, but because I felt so bad, I talked him into allowing us to go home for the rest of the day.

As I drove home, we drove by his school, jokingly I asked if he wanted to go back to school. Within a few minutes of being home, he decided that he wanted to head back to school.