Sunday, March 16, 2008

Binner - Breakfast for Dinner

Deni and Sydney stayed home from church today.

Deni has been feeling bad all week and Sydney had a nasty nose. I've been making Deni rest this weekend as I'm going to be gone/getting home late much of next week. So that means Dad needs to cook dinner. Hmm what can I cook for dinner? As I was leaving church, I made sure that the sacrament bread had been cleaned up. The boys usually take the remaining (unblessed) bread home. This week we had almost a whole loaf. As they were splitting it up, I said, that would make alot of french toast. And my dinner idea was born. French toast for breakfast.

When I got home, I convinced the kids that French toast was the best idea for dinner and then I asked Deni. Nope, no way, she didn't want that for dinner, but since I had already convinced the kids of the plan, we stuck too it and I let them help me make french toast and fry eggs.

Sydney stirred the french toast batter up for me.



Ryan was the egg man and enjoyed cracking the eggs into the frying pan.




Sydney took this picture of Ryan and myself.



Sydney wanted to have one final picture taken. You can see why. I guess she's too much like her father. Notice Ryan's bunny ears, thanks to Sydney.



The French toast and eggs were great for dinner, even if Deni didn't think they sounded good.