Tuesday, March 18, 2008

IKEA in 11 minutes

I woke up at 4:55am this morning and headed for the Provo pool to swim before I went to SLC for Brainshare. 5am is too early for me to get up.

I got to the pool around 5:20 and was in the pool by 5:30am swimming. I swam until lap swim was over at 6am. I almost got my mile in, just a lap short.

I showered at the Rec Center and then headed for SLC.

I attended a few technical sessions in the morning but taught my "What's a good password?" session at 4:30pm - 5:15pm. Who would have thought you would be able to talk about what's a good password for an hour and fifteen minutes? The session went well. It was interesting to hear from customers on their password difficulties. Some mentioned that their normal workers were forced to have a "strong" password and also to change their passwords regularly, however their CxO levels didn't want to be bothered with it, so they were forced to have their most critical people (CIO, CEO, CFO) with passwords that were weak and never changed. However, on the other hand there was a financial company that made their administrators change their password every 14 days. Ouch. I complain about changing my passwords once every 6 months.

Anyway it was a good day and the session went well.

I left SLC about 5:30pm and headed home.

I stopped at the new IKEA store on the way home and because I was late I spent only 11 minutes in the store. (timed myself as I walked in and out of the store with my watch) I've heard to see it properly, you have to have at least 2 hours, however I ran around looking for a chair and a desk and only spent 11 minutes. I didn't find anything worth going back and looking at again.