Yesterday Dad came over and helped me build 3 grow boxes (in preparation to get some starts from him.) I spent about half of today getting the grow boxes in place and filled with dirt.
We have an odd shaped backyard and we have this little section that is wasted, so I decided that I'd use this section to grow raspberries. A couple of years ago we started square foot gardening and have had very successful doing so, so we thought we'd do the same with raspberries. Each of the grow boxes we built are 1 foot wide. The longest one is 16 feet long. The second is 12 feet and the last one is 5 feet long.
We'll try and transfer the raspberries sometime this week before they come out of their winter sleep. If all goes well, we'll have lots of raspberries later this summer. We are also planning on planting a fruit tree back in this area, but probably not this year.