A co-worker drove me to the train station this morning. I left at 11am from Crewkerne Train station headed for London. The train ride in was beautiful. I'm amazed at the small villages followed by miles and miles of green pasture. Southwest England is beautiful. My connection went through the London Waterloo station, then on to St Pancres International and on to Luton Airport. Then on a flight from London (Luton) to Paris.
I landed in Paris about 10pm, waited in line to show my passport and finally on to the train into Paris by 11pm. 8.50 euros one way into Paris, my first of many pricey things in Paris. I got into Paris and off the Subway around 12:15am. I was amazed how many people were outside at this time of night/morning. A few wrong turns too many and I finally arrived tired and ready for bed around 1am.
I checked into my hotel and went to my room and was shocked at the size of the room. It was tiny. I've seen closets larger than this room, however it was just a place to sleep, which I did as soon as I could.