Sunday, July 26, 2009

Morning de Tour

After spending abut $30.00 for breakfast, I headed to find my spot on the Tour's route. I found a place but decided to switch to the other side of the road so I could better photos. I'm sure glad I did as I had alot more shade than the ones across from me as we stood for hours waiting. I got to my spot about about 11am, the tour was due in Paris just after 4pm. There was speaker right behind me broadcasting a radio commentary about the Tour. A small section of it was in English (about 10 minutes) then the rest of the 3+ hours was in French. So there I stood listening to french gibberish. I might as well had some 2 year old babbling.. Matter of fact, that might have been better.

About 1.5 hours before the racers come into Paris a large concessional of Sponsers and Team support vechiles come through the route. At this point, I had been standing on the side of the road for about 3.5 hours.

It was a fun break to see the cars and floats come by and got the crowd ready for the racers to come by. I found a guy with a similar camera that I felt safe enough to have him take a picture of me with my camera. Behind me, you cans see the statue of Joan of Arc.


Team Astana's bus

I'm not sure what the lion has to do with the Tour, but they stage winners, usually get a stuffed lion.


Interesting Sponsor - not sure what this is product actually is.


Of course the, the tour wouldn't be complete without the Massive Maillot jaune on top of this VM bug.