After work, I took off on a bike ride. I made 2 mistakes as I left for my ride.
1. I didn't tell Deni where I was going.
2. I didn't take my cell phone.
It looked like it might rain (which is why I didn't take my phone) but it never did, which is why I ended up taking a longer bike ride than normal. It was overcast, cool and a great day to be out on a bike.
I headed our of Spanish Fork and then south through Salem and turned at a sign that said "Elk Ridge". The road was uphill for as long as I could see. I started riding, looking for a specific turn, but never saw it. I ended up riding 2 miles up this hill until I hit the Elk Ridge City limits. Off course a bit, I attempted to correct, however I ended up hitting a dead end. I backtracked and finally found someone on a golf cart and asked them how to get to the Woodland Hills road. At this point I was about 12 -13 miles into my ride and knew it was going to take me a while to get home.
I found the Woodland Hills road and started down it. It's a great hill. I hit 48.1 mph going downhill. Probably the fastest I've ever been on my bike, ever. It felt great to zoom down the hill, as I struggled up the other side.
My total ride was just over 21 miles and took 1hr 15 minutes. I had a feeling I was going to be "in trouble" when I got home. When I came in, I could tell that Deni was quite concerned. I felt bad and wished I had my cell phone so I could have called.
Deni was afraid I had wrecked and was laying on the side of the road somewhere. I did have my road ID on, although it wasn't registered yet. Deni has since registered my road ID, so if I am ever found on the side of the road, the first responders will at least know my name and some basic info about me. I've learned that I'll always take me cell phone with me and just put it in a zip lock baggy if I think it's going to rain.