Because of my indecision of how and when to go to Paris (to see the last day of the Tour de France), the prices for the Speed Train from London to Paris skyrocketed. Plane prices went up as well, but I decided it was a chance of a lifetime. I bit the bullet and booked my flight as well as my train tickets to London and hotel in Paris.
Part of my indecision was how to actually how to get to London, as I'm about 3-4 hours away from London by train. At first, I thought I could drive in but after being here for a few days, I've decided that I better not try it.
It's going to cost me about $150 bucks (around trip) to get to London by Train, then about $250 (roundtrip) to fly from London to Paris. Luckily, my food and hotel are covered, but it's a pricey trip for the length of time. I'll leave England on Saturday afternoon and come back from Paris Monday morning. So I'll only really have 1 full day in Paris. Hopefully, I'll be able to spend the whole day soaking up the Tour de France.
I'm a little sad as I haven't been able to keep up with the Tour de France on TV (hotel doesn't have any channels covering the Tour.) You'd think being so close to France and the love of cycling here, they'd have coverage. Maybe they do and but the hotel just doesn't have the channel. However, Deni keeps me updated through chat and by phone on the Tour.