The UK guys took me out to dinner tonight. The four of us went to Yevoil for dinner at a Chinese restaurant. We went to dinner at 8pm. It appears that people eat later here than I'm used to. Dinner was good and it was fun to get to know the guys a little better outside of work.
On the way home, we took the "backroads" home. The road seemed like a single lane road and it was very hilly. Being in the frontseat, it seemed like a rollercoaster ride.
When I got back to the hotel, I started getting ready for Paris.
I stayed up until 1am looking at online maps and attempting to plot my course from the Paris Charles De Gaulle airport to my hotel in downtown Paris. Luckily my brother had sent me a map of Paris he had used when he visited Paris last year. I found my hotel on the map, which was a lifesaver. I decided to only take a backpack to Paris, since I was only going to be there for 2 days. I packed my Texas Cycle Jersery, American Flag, Canon Camera and a change of clothes and a few smaller items and my bag was full.
As I got all packed up, I called and talked to Deni for a few, as well as called my parents, as I'm moving hotels when I get back and although the new hotel has wireless internet, they don't have a wired connection in the room, which I need for my Vonage line. Vonage has been a lifesaver in keeping in touch. It's been great to call and talk for as long as I wanted to Deni and the kids. I've now set up and tested Skype, which will be my new form of communication with the family until I come home.
I set my alarm for 8:30am and went to bed.