Monday, July 20, 2009

On my way

We left Spanish Fork at 7:30am MST and arrived at the SLC Airport about 8:20am. My flight left at 9:50am. After giving Deni, Ryan and Syd a kiss goodbye, I attempted to check in at the self check-in booths, but it couldn't find my flight confirmation. I talked to a airport worker and was told to get back in line to try again. After the 2nd time didn't work, I was asked to get in line to talk to a person. I luckily got in line right after some Korean Touring group of about 10 people. The line was already long, but getting in line after Korean group, made it even better (and longer).

As I got to the front of the line and got checked in, I was read the riot act by the Delta employee, as I hadn't checked in at least 2 hours before an international flight. International flight? My flight was to Newark, NJ, so I could then have a 5 hour layover. However because I was connecting to an international flight in Newark, the one from SLC was considered a "International flight".

I was getting nervous as I left the counter and got even more nervous as I saw the Security Check line. It was now 9:20am and I was concerned I was going to miss my flight. I made it through the Security checkpoint and made it to my flight about 10 minutes before the plane took off. Whew.

I arrived in Newark without problems. Then the long 5 hour layover.

I left Newark around 9pm headed to Bristol. The flight was just under 7 hours, however with the time change, I was scheduled to land at 9am Tuesday the 21st. I watched the movie "17 again" and then attempted to get a little sleep (which didn't go to well.)