Wednesday, July 22, 2009

11 pounds

I'm picky or spoiled, or both. I have a great wife that is a great cook and I'm used to her cooking ONLY.

Because I'm in a little village, there aren't any type of "chain" food stores that I could get a quick dinner from. I wasn't too hungry tonight, but decided to go out and try to find a grocery store. A co-worker told me where one was, but I missed it as I drove by it at least 2 times. Since I wasn't too hungry, I thought I'd drive around and see if I could happen on to another one in a different village. I probably drove around for about an hour, but never found a grocery store. However I did find a number of old abandoned churches as well as a single lane road, that was actually a two way road (luckily, I didn't find another car going the opposite way). There were pull outs about every half mile, but nothing in between.

At the end of the night, I finally found the little grocery store I was looking for and picked the the following for a little dinner and snacks while I'm here. Here's what 11 pounds (about $18 dollars) buys you. (6 apples, 2 oranges, 4 bananas, 2 candy bars, 2 yogurts, Pringles, 5 cereal bars and a pack of gum.)



Also, here's a picture of the road outside my hotel. I now know why they have short squatty cars here in the UK, as the roads are narrow and there is no parking. I love how people park in the street, taking about 3/4 of the lane. It makes it fun for driving