Ryan woke up about 7:45 and we had to wake Sydney about 8am.
I tried to be like my dad and make the kids run from my bedroom to the front room, while I captured it on film. Growing up, we always had to wait for dad to wake up and get his contacts in. It seemed like an eternity most of the time. Then dad would go downstairs and get his camera. Since he could see what "Santa" brought us, he would tease us and say "oh - I'm not sure Santa has been here yet" or "You must have been naughty this year because Santa didn't leave you anything" Once dad was set with his camera equipment and we were all standing at the top of the stairs, he would say, "Alright come on down" and we would run down the stairs towards the front room.
It's a lot different being on the other side of the camera. It's also fun to see my kids running to see what Santa brought them. I'm sure my Dad enjoyed this as well when we were growing up, which is why he teased us every Christmas and captured it each year on film.
Ryan got legos and a batman. Along with a leappad to help him increase his writing of letters and numbers.
Sydney got everything princess this year. She got a Cinderella dress, shoes, wand, etc. Along with a newborn Cabbage Patch Doll and a full size Cabbage Patch Doll. She is a cute little girl. I'm a little concerned she is 2 going on 16.
Deni surprised me with a Better Than Ezra DVD I have wanted for some time, along with a BTE CD. Deni and I agreed that we would surprise each other with a gift, but we would mainly have money to spend after Christmas. Deni did a good job, but I bombed as usual on Deni's surprise gift. At least she has some cash to make it better. I told Deni that she is good at this surprise stuff, so next year she can buy me a surprise and her a surprise so I don't mess it up.
We had church at 1pm. When we pulled up at 12:45, there were 3 cars in the WHOLE parking lot. It concerned me that no one was coming to church. But went in and helped get the sacrament ready. People came in slowly and there was about 75% attendance from normal. We basically sang songs the whole hour, which was nice. It was like a song fast and testimony meeting, people would walk up and explain what song we were going to sing and why they liked it. A good way to spend church on Christmas day.