Saturday, December 17, 2005

My eyes are dark

This morning I was laying in bed and Sydney came running into the room saying "hide, hide" meaning she wanted to hide under the covers with me. So she jumped up in bed and we pulled the covers over our heads. She immediately said, "Oh my eyes are dark" I thought it was funny so I mentioned it to Deni. Deni says she started saying that a few days ago when things got dark.

On a side note, one of the neighbor girls was trying to make some money to buy Christmas gifts and put a flyer on our door that she was going to do babysitting on Saturday from 11 to 1, feed the kids and have crafts for them to do. All for $1.50 a child. Usually a babysitter charges $1.50 an hr per kid. It was a deal. So even though we are really done with our shopping for the kids, we took the kids over and had a couple of hours alone. We ended up going looking for some useful stocking stuffers. After about 2.5 hrs we finally got some flashlight/headlamps for the kids (and Deni, since she didn't have one).

After dinner, we drove out to the Festival of Lights in Spanish Fork. Basically they turn the Spanish Fork Golf course into a money making display of lights. At $5 a car, they are doing quite well. While we were driving through, I counted at least 100 cars and we were only there for about 20 minutes. I figured they can get about 200 cars a hour. It is open for 4 hrs, so that is about $4,000 a night. Not bad for a few lights at a gold course that can't be used during the winter.