Saturday, December 31, 2005

Happy New Years Eve

Deni and Kati went to SLC today. They left in the morning . They toured Temple Square and the Conference center.

While they were gone, I cleaned the house and watched the kids. Ryan wanted to go play with a friend, but before we got done with the chores, a neighboor called and said his son wanted to play with Ryan. I said that was great as Ryan was wanting to play with someone. The neighboor said, Ok, well I'll send my son right over then."

Hmm that wasn't what I had planned on. I didn't want to babysit someone elses child. I had just gotten Sydney down for her nap and was hoping Ryan would go play at someone elses house while Sydney slept. I now know how to answer that question from now on. Don't assume anything and make sure I'm the first to say, sure I'll send Ryan over right away.

I survived, but would have been a much better day if I didn't have to go down and stop the problems like the neighboor kid writing on the walls or hitting Ryan in the face. Oh well.

Deni got home around dinnertime. We didn't really do anything for New Year's.

We sat in our nice warm home and watched the evening news of people outside in the cold rainy weather here in Utah and decided we had made the right decision to be lame and stay home.

We did play a few card games with Kati and her friend, Chad.