I got home tonight and Deni mentioned she wanted to go shopping for some clothes for the kids. Mervyns had a 50% off sale and we had four $10 cards from black friday, which could be used for every $20 spent. (spend $20 and get $10 off)
We got to Mervyns, picked out 2 pair of Levi's for Ryan. Our total was $30.00. Since our cards were "spend $20 bucks get $10 off", it made sence to get to at least get to $40.00, so that we could use two of our $10 cards to get $20 bucks off. We got some more things and ended up close to $60 bucks, so we could now use 3 of our $10 cards and get $30. Deni checked out and the total came to $65.00. I said, oh, we should spend $15 dollars more, so we can get an additional $10.00. The lady had already charged Deni's card, so she said, well I could return it all and do it again. I said, ok well I'll go get another $15 worth of clothes, so we could get $10 off. Then the lady said, you don't have to do that. I'll just return it and then use all four of your $10 off cards. Both Deni and I scratched our heads and mentioned it didn't sound right, however she continued to take another $10 off without us buying anything more. So our $65 bill went down to $23 dollars.
You have to love minimum wage workers.