This morning Deni and Ryan had a dentist appointment so I met them at the Dentist office and brought Sydney to work with me while they were getting their teeth cleaned. At Novell, it is shutdown week, which means that 95% of the company is not here, mainly a skeleton support crew, which I'm apart of this year. So bringing Sydney into the office for an hour wasn't a big deal. We took a walk to get Sydney a drink. We got her some hot chocolate (choco). We sat in the breezeway for about 15 minutes while she drank her choco. Sydney is a funny little girl. She would hear people going up and down the stairs. She said "Oh - Mommy!" I would say, "No mommy is at the dentist" Her next response was "Oh - Santa!" Ha.
Sadly enough, at the ripe old age of 29 months, tonight Sydney finally figured out she could get out of her crib. When we were putting the kids down for bed, Deni put Sydney in her crib then went upstairs to get something. When Deni came down, to her surprise, Sydney was no where to be found. Deni came and asked me if I had gotten Sydney out of her crib and when I said no, we both realized our lives have changed forever. We no longer have a way to contain Sydney at night.
After we got the kids down for bed, Deni and I went on a date. Ok we just watched a movie in the basement, but we told Ryan we were going on a date. It was fun to watch a movie together without the kids and laugh.