Sunday, December 18, 2005

By authority invested in me

Tonight I attended my nephew, Devin Ellis', Eagle Court of Honor and got to participate. Here is what I got to say. The bold stuff is what I liked to say.

Being duly authorized by the Boy Scouts of America, I challenge you to accept the following charge. Raise your right hand to the square and make the scout sign. Repeat the charge after me:

As an Eagle Scout I pledge throughout my life to follow the Scout Oath, the Scout law, to constantly look for ways to serve others and to honor my Priesthood covenants.

I reaffirm my allegiance to the God-given Constitution that has made America great.

On my honor I will do my best to assist other Scouts who are climbing the trail to Eagle, and to make my training, my example, my rank, and my influence count strongly in my family, my troop and team, my quorum, my community, and my country. To this I pledge my sacred honor.

”Two”

Scout Devin Ellis, by authority invested in me by the Utah National Parks Council, Boy Scouts of America, I pronounce you an Eagle Scout, with all the honor, privilege, and responsibility you have accepted, that goes with this prestigious recognition.

Devin, Please be seated in the Eagle’s Nest"