Last night as I left for a planning meeting for Youth Conference it was snowing yet again. I went out and started the car and proceeded to wipe off the snow off the car. As a side note, yes I have a garage, but it only fits one car because I'm lazy, but that's another story.
So here I am, in Sunday bests standing out in the snow wiping the snow off of my car when WHAM!!! I slipped and fell right on my face. Obviously it was unexpected, but I usually have a great sense of balance and can catch myself in these types of situations. Not this time. Apparently I used my right hand to stop my body from pounding into the cement as when I got up, it hurt pretty bad. Other than having snow all over my Sunday clothes, I was fine, except for the pain in my right wrist. It's not broken, but sure does hurt quite a bit. The joys of getting older.
About a week ago, Deni mentioned that it would be good if Ryan had read the Book of Mormon prior to his Baptism in the summer and that it would be a good idea that we started reading together as a family. I'm usually up and to work before the kids get out of bed, so we decided that we would try to do it each night around 7pm. The kids have enjoyed reading so far. Ryan, even though in 2nd grade, he is an excellent reader. There aren't too many words we have to help him with. I'm not sure where he gets the desire to read so much, but he has always been the child that would sit on your lap and listen until you stopped reading. Sydney doesn't read yet, but she likes to participate too, so we read into her ear and she usually spits out the same words we whispered into her ears. Her attention span is about 3 verses, but we at least have her for 3 verses. So far we've made it through 9 chapters, only about 300 to go.
I swam again today. Today was the first time I had swam after Deni and I's lesson last Friday. It's so much easier to swim without proper technique. I attempted to swim, breathing on every 3rd stroke. Until last Friday, I would breathe every other stroke. I'm not quite used to coming up on my right side and I noticed that I'd hold my breath, instead of blowing out my air in the water as I tried to use the better technique. I guess I'm focusing too hard. It's very difficult to exhale and inhale in the short second that your mouth comes above water. You either end up getting a mouth full of water or less than the needed amount of air. I guess that is why I swim three times a week so I can practice it.