Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad

Today my dad turned 70. I always thought 70 was old, but the older I get the less old it seems. As a teenager, I would talk to people in there 30's and 40's and they would say they didn't feel old. It's kinda odd how the years go by but you don't feel like you change much but your body gets older and older.

If you've ever met my dad, you wouldn't think he was 70. He works just as hard as he always has. 70 must be the new 50. My parents are out vacationing in warmer climates, so I called Dad this morning on his cell before I forgot to wish him a Happy Birthday. We also called him as a family when I got home from work, so we could sing to him. Ryan was funny, we sang "Happy Birthday" to him and Ryan added "cha cha cha" So it went like the following "Happy Birthday to you, cha, cha, cha, Happy Birthday to you, cha, cha, cha, Happy Birthday Dear Grandpa, cha, cha, cha, Happy Birthday to you.

I also had a birthday this week on Tuesday. I celebrated the 4th anniversary of my 29th birthday. For those challenged in math, I'm 33. Deni hacked into my work email and got my boss and one of my coworkers email addresses and emailed them. Ok hacked is strong word. I store my password in Firefox, so she just launched the browser and logged in and got the information.

I heard from most of my family and was pleasantly surprised to see an email from an old friend that had remembered my birthday. It's always nice to be remembered.