Wed night is busy for us. Since both of us are in YM/YW's, we end up dragging Ryan and Sydney to activities with us. It's funny, Ryan thinks he is 14. Sydney thinks she is a teenage girl and expects to be treated the same as the other girls at the activities.
Tonight after our activity, the youth were all in the gym playing basketball. Deni had a meeting to attend, so I had both kids. Ryan was attempting to play basketball with the deacons and teachers and Sydney was standing by the 3 young women in the middle of the gym as they talked. It made me laugh. Especially to see Sydney standing by the girls like she was "one" of them.
Earlier today, my mom called me today at work. I was on the other line so I didn't answer. She called right back about 30 seconds later so I thought that something might be wrong so I answered it. She had just heard that a friend of the family had lost her husband. He was 41 and it was very much unexpected.
Although it is very sad news, it is comforting to know that we have a Father in Heaven that knows us and we can turn to him in difficult times. It also made me thankful that Deni and I have acquired life insurance as well as gotten a trust setup. It's nice to know that if anything ever were to happen to one or both of us, our kids would be taken care of.