Tuesday, February 05, 2008

48 minutes 28 seconds for Mitt

I left for work around 7:15am. I had planned on stopping and voting before work so I could avoid long lines. As I got to the school we always vote at the parking lot was eeriely vacant. It was vacant as there was no voting setup at the school. I continued on to work and made a few calls while I drove and found out for some reason the voting had been moved to another school. No biggie, I'll vote after work.

During lunch I biked for 35 minutes (about 20k) and then walk/run for 1 mile. I decided that I'll do this for the month of February, then next month I'll bike for 40 minutes and walk/run 2 miles, etc.

As I was leaving work late about 5pm, a co-worker caught me and I ended up staying for 30 minutes talking to him. As I finally left, I remembered that I needed to vote. So I drove to the school and there were an unusual amount of cars there. Then I walked in and saw the line. I figured it would be 30 minutes for me to get through the line, however I started my watch to see how long it really was. 48 minutes and 28 seconds after getting in line, I signed my name in the voter registration book and got my fancy smart card to vote. I stuck the card in, Voted for Mitt Romney and pulled the card out about 20 seconds after I started. Living in Utah, my vote for Mitt probably doesn't count as much, but in my opinion he appears to be the best of the candidates. I'm not impressed with Huckabee or McCain, I guess we will have to wait and see.