Started on a project today. It is five fold. My brother-in-law brought by a grass cutter by for us to borrow today. The machine has a big blade on the bottom and just shakes you to death. Here's what I'm doing in the yard
First, we have some parts of our lawn that are dead because of grubs eating the roots. So we used the grass cutter to get the dead grass up.
Second, we have a huge park strip on the side of our house, which I don't care to water, espically when our water bill for just the lawn is over $50 bucks. So we are taking the grass out and putting rocks on the side. This won't happen till next spring, but I have the grass cut up now, and need to get rid of it before next sping.
Third, I'm moving the kidney shaped flowerbed with 2 trees to the very front of my lawn. The front of our lawn didn't get watered very well, mainly becaue of the angle of the lawn and the shape of the area. I took out the grass in this area and I'm moving the flowerbed from the middle of our lawn, to the front corner. There is alot of dirt to move, I'm not sure where it is going to go quite yet.
Fourth, We took a out the back west section of grass. I'll use most of this grass to fill in the blanks where the existing flower bed is and where we had to take the dead grass out because of grubs. We are taking this grass out, so we can put a trampoline in the back yard.
Fifth, There has been a low section of grass in the front of our house where the sewer line runs out to the street. I cut four strips out of the lawn, then I'm going to fill it with dirt and compact it, then put the grass back.
I going to have to take a day off work to get this done before the grass dies. But will work on it tomorrow for most of the day, then probably take off Monday and work on it.
I'm going to be a little sore tomorrow.