I took the day off today to get a little further with the lawn than I did on Saturday.
I accomplished quite a bit today. First, I got the grass transplanted from the back of the yard to the front. Dad showed up around 11:30am to help me out. We moved most of the dead grass from the parking strip and went back to his house to put it on his empty lot. It worked out great, except, it is a long drive each time to drop it off.
On the way back home, we stopped Kevin's house. Kevin just sold his house this month. Last Saturday I helped him move a some things to his apartment. He has a cool wooden swing set that Ryan loved to play on when we were over at his house. I asked Kevin what he was doing with it. He said they were leaving it there. I then asked him if it was in their contract, and if it wasn't, then I would like to have it. They looked and it was not. So he said if we took it away, we could have it. So we stopped by his house, it broke down easily into 3 pieces we put on dad's snowmobile trailer. Took it home and put it up in the back yard. Dad and I got it put together without the kids knowing. When Ryan came home, I asked him to look in the backyard. He was really excited and squealed even. Both kids played in the backyard for a while.
Dad and I finished up some sprinklers in the frontyard, then called it a day.
After Dad left, Sydney and I went in the backyard and I pushed her on the swing. She would say "higher, higher" It was fun to push her on the swing. Then she would go to the top of the slide, turn around backwards and slide down on her belly. When her belly touched the slide, she would say, "Slide warm..." then slide down. She did this at least 4 of 5 times in a row. It was funny.
Dad left his trailer here, so after dinner, I went out with Deni and we got quite a bit of the remaining dead grass on to it. We still have alot of work ahead of us. Getting 3 trees out of the ground and lot of dirt moved around.
After finishing up in the yard (because it got dark and the kids were really tired) we came in, cleaned up then had Family Home Evening. We read a book of mine that I got when I was 8 and was baptized. The book was on Baptism. After doing that we played soccer in the dark downstairs. Ryan recently got a glow in the dark soccer ball and he wanted to play for FHE. We played for a few minutes then put the kids to bed.
I'm going to be very sore tomorrow.