Saturday, October 22, 2005

The Project

I always do projects but never seem to capture before pictures. Well I did the same on this project but decided at least to start halfway through. This is my current project. As I explained yesterday, I'm moving a few things around in the yard, as well as trying to fix a few trouble spots at the same time.

This first picture is where Grubs got the lawn. So we dug it all up and will be replacing it with some sod from the backyard. (That will happen on Monday)



This is really next years project but since I had a machine that cut sod, I figured I would get a head start on it. I'm removing all the grass from the park strip. All the way down to the end of the white fence. Next year I will replace it with rocks (about the size of my fist.) A neighboor has it about 3 houses down and it looks really nice.





I'm creating a new flowerbed in the front of the house. I'm removing the existing one with 2 trees. I have it roughed out right now. I will end up having a tree in the middle of it, as well as some native plants to Utah.



The flower bed and 2 trees I'm removing. My sister, Teresa, is going to take the trees. Now I have to figure out how to get them out of the ground in one piece. And where to put all that dirt.



A closer picture of the new flowerbed, at the edge of the lawn, and the old one with the trees.




Finally, when we bought the house, there has always been a low spot in the frontlawn where the sewer line comes from our house to the street. We pulled the grass back, filled it with some extra dirt and have placed the grass back on top.




I didn't get done what I thought I would today, so I'm going to take work off on Monday and finish up as much as I can. Dad called to tell me he would come over and Monday and help me. He has already helped me quite a bit with getting it cut.