Monday, October 10, 2005

Daddy's home

Worked all day on a training for work that I have to give tomorrow. I'm not sure I'll be ready, but it is to my team, so no biggie.

I didn't see Deni online today, like I usually do. I called her around 5pm and she told me she had not been feeling well all day. She stayed in bed most of the day. When I got home, she was just finishing up some homemade chicken soup. I yelled "daddy's home", like I usually do when I come in the door, however Sydney was in timeout for going to the park by herself and for hitting Deni when she brought her home, so I had to wait for 4 minutes to see Syd. She was so sad, calling my name - "daddy". But you do the crime, you pay the time.

After dinner, I took the kids out to rent a movie. We went to McDonalds, where they have a service called Redbox. You rent a DVD by swiping your credit card. They charge a dollar a night +tax. Not bad for a new release. After renting "Robots" cartoon, we went to Macey's to get an ice cream. Then home to watch Robots.

Ryan and Sydney promised me that if I let them stay up to watch the movie, they would go to bed right after. Both kids went to bed, just as they said they would.