Monday, October 17, 2005

Pictures, Pictures

I have finally decided that my digital pictures are getting out of hand. I used to have a good procedure in place, but my laptop has been acting up (vpn isn't working) so I can't sync my pictures up to my server at work (through iFolder)

So things have gotten a little bit messy. I brought home about 6 to 7 DVD's of "backups" at different times over the last year or two. Now comes the fun job. I'm actually comparing file for file, on each DVD with what I have stored on my hard drive. Fun, isn't it. Well so far I've gotten through 2 DVD's tonight. Guess I'm going to have to pace myself. However once I get things cleaned up, it will be alot nicer. I'm going to burn a DVD at the end of the year, each year. Make a few copies, one I will give to my parents to put it in their safe, I will keep one in my filing cabinet, then store a 3rd copy somewhere else (friend, or maybe at my work).

With my new camera I'm going to fill more than a DVD per year. At 30 cents a DVD, no biggie.

In other news, we went to Shop-ko tonight and spent $75 dollars on picture frames. Can't go wrong with 60% off frames. With all these great pictures we have taken, we aren't showing them off in our house. We will need alot more picture frames than we bought, but it is a start. Now I need to find my favorite pictures. I bought 3 frames for my office. One is a 16 X 20 frame with 4 - 4X6 matted pictures. The 2nd is a 8 X 16 frame with 3- 4X4 and the last one is a 8 X 10 frame with a 4X6 picture. All three of these have shadow mattes. I will have to take a picture of them once I get photos in them. Since they are black frames with white mattes, I think I may go black and white photos. 4X6's are really cheap to print at Sam's. Only 15 cents a print.

Tonight Ryan put Sydney to bed. We seem to always fight who gets to put who to bed. Tonight Sydney said no to me and Deni, so we asked if she wanted Ryan to put her to bed. She said yes. Deni put her in her crib, then Ryan came in and sang two songs to her. It was really cute. Even better, she went to sleep. Not sure it it was just a fluke or not, but was fun to watch and listen from the door, while Ryan sang church songs to her. Ryan's a good kid.