Saturday, October 08, 2005

I sew

Last year Deni made a bunch of corn bags. You heat them in the microwave then put them at the foot of your bed, or on your feet while you are watching TV. Now that it is getting cold again, it is time to get them back out. We only had 2, as we had given all of the others away, so Deni got her sewing stuff out to work on it this morning.

First I serged 3 sides of 2 pieces of faberic together, next I sewed some on the bag, added corn, then serged the top close. Throw it in the microwave for 2 minute and your feet are toasty. It was fun to learn the (VERY) basics of serging and sewing.

We also kinda potty trained Sydney all morning. We put her "Dora Panties" on. She was cut running arond in them. We set the alarm and took her to the bathroom every 15 minutes or so. That worked for almost 3 hours, then she had an accident. We aren't pushing her to be potty trained, but thought we would try and see how she reacts to it.

After Sydney's nap, we went into Spanish Fork, to the Library, where they had a city party. We ate dinner there, chili and scones, then went to play games with the kids, but the lines were so long and they had way more people than expected, so they had run out of candy and prizes for the kids. It was kinda raining anyways, so we decided to go home.

Watched the BYU game on TV. BYU barely one. I let Ryan stay up to watch it, but I think he just wanted to stay up, he didn't seem too interested in the game.