Well it has been a few days.
Went and got my teeth cleaned today. I'm not sure why they call it a teeth cleaning, they should call it a mouth scraping. I always seem to walk out of the dentist with a return appointment, usually to replace a filling, but not this time.
While I was getting my "cleaning" I got 2 phone calls to my cell. Both from the same person at Novell wanting to know if my job was safe, as he had heard about layoffs in my department. I made a few calls to some co-workers and they hadn't heard anything, so at this point, it is just a rumor. As always, there will be the yearly layoffs. Novell wouldn't be Novell, without layoffs. I've been through 4, or 5 or 6, I can't remember. Quite a few. I'm not that concerned for my job. I work hard, contribute as much as I can and that is about all I can do. But in my mind, my job is secure.
Tonight I trimmed my bushes. I never had bushes to trim, so it was fun. Yard is starting to green up in a few dead places. I think I'm finally getting the sprinklers where they need to be.
Ryan has been "practicing" riding his bike. We let him ride in the street now, as well as around the "block" as he calls it. He loves to ride that dang bike. I've never seen a kid so excited about his bike. Took some video of the kids tonight riding their bikes. Ryan has been practicing riding his bike, so that he can ride his bike to school (with Deni riding next to him, of course.)