Saturday, September 10, 2005

Fishing and football

Woke up at 5:45am this morning to get ready to go fishing. I got all the fishing things, along with the canoe, in the truck and was ready to go by 7:00am. Dad showed up at the house a little after 7am and we went to Spanish Oaks Reservior. When dad and I pulled into the parking lot, we were the only car up there. One man pulled in right after us, but we had the whole reservior to ourselves. The wind was blowing, as it always does in Spanish Fork, but it was fun to get out on the canoe with dad and fish. We fished till about 8:30 when Deni and the kids showed up. Our ward had fishing party at the same place from 8 till noon. I caught 2 fish while I was up there, not my best, but it was fun to fish. Some dad was up there from our ward with 2 kids. It was pretty obvious that all 3 of them hadn't fished much. The dad even told his kids he would give them $50 if they caught a fish. He later raised it to $100, knowing there was not way that they would catch a fish. All the while I was getting hits but I couldn't hook any of them. Finally I got one on the my line and I called one of the kids over to reel it in. He didn't seem to be that excited that he was reeling in a fish.

After fishing, we came home, got cleaned up, ate lunch, then headed to the BYU Football game. Dad gave us 2 tickets and I got another ticket from my friend Kevin. Sydney went to Dad's house while Ryan, Deni and I went to the football game. BYU won and scored alot, so it was alot of fun to watch.

A cold front moved in today, so by evening, it was chilly outside. I noticed the trees up on the mountains are starting to change. Fall isn't too far away.