Sunday, May 10, 2009

Glass Half-Full Mothers Day

Mothers day is always special, but this year we took it to the next level.

Glass Half-Full version (Brett)
At the last minute we traveled to beautiful St George and stayed in a 3 Star Hotel Saturday night. We took it easy Sunday morning and slept in until 9:30am - 10:00am. For breakfast I made waffles. While we ate breakfast we were serenaded by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. It was a great morning. We weren't in a rush, so we took our time and checked out right at 11am.


Glass Half-empty version

After a week in California, we were still undecided on where to stay on the way home. At the last minute, we booked a hotel in St. George through Hotwire. We left California later than expected, plus hit horrible LA traffic as well as lost an hour because of timezone changes. Because of these factors we pulled into St George at around 1am Sunday morning. Because of the late night, we all, including the kids, slept in until 9:30am- 10:00am. The free continental breakfast had a waffle maker and batter for waffles, which we all ate. In the lobby, there was a huge flat panel TV with the Mo-tab playing in the background.

I'm sure you can tell that my version of the story is the Glass Half-Full version above. I'm sure others would probably want to focus on the Glass Half-empty version. It's all about how you look at glass. Half full or Half empty. I'm a Half-full type.