It's official, Circus Circus was a horrible hotel. I didn't sleep well last night. We could hear people next door, above us, and in the hallway as clearly as those in the room. Needless to say, I didn't sleep well at all last night. We left Las Vegas round 8am (PST).
We pulled into Anahiem, CA about 11:45am and attempted to check-in at our Hotel. They told us we could check-in in about 30 minutes, so we went to the grocery store for a few things. We came back and checked-in. Talk about night and day. We are in an extremely nice hotel. We got settled in and headed to Disneyland.
Actually we went to California Adventure first, as it looked less busy. Ryan said he wanted to ride the Tower of Terror first. Deni said she would stand outside with Sydney, but for whatever reason, Sydney said she wanted to do it too. Looking back on now it was probably sibling rivalry or possibly just the pure fact that we were finally out of the car and at Disneyland and she didn't want to miss out on anything. The Tower of Terror isn't probably that appropriate for 6 and 8 year olds and especially not the first ride of the day. The ride was fun, but not a good way to start out the day with little ones.
It took all of us a little while for our stomachs to be back to normal.
From there we split for a while. I took Ryan into a really cool interactive show with Crush, the computer animated turtle from Finding Nemo. Ryan got to ask Crush a question. Ryan's question was "Have you ever surfed with Stitch" Crush said "Uhhhh What's a stitch?" Ryan explained it was Stitch from Lilo and Stitch and got a really good answer to his question. At the end of his answer, Crush talked about how Mom turtles lay their eggs and how if the Mom turtle lays her eggs in a hot place, all the eggs that hatch will be girls and if a Mom turtle lays her eggs in a cool place, all the eggs that will hatch will be boys and finally ended with "that's why girls are HOT and boys are COOL.".
Deni and Sydney went to playhouse Disney while Ryan I were in seeing Crush, so while they were in watching Crush, we went to "How to" animation workshop, were we were taught to draw Tigger. I won't quite my day job, but for a first time trying to draw Tigger, it wasn't so bad.
On to California Soarin. We got fast passes, so zoomed up to the front of the line. I was reminiscing about how I had gotten to the front of the line with Ryan 5 years ago, when he informed me that he had to go pee. We were laughing, until Sydney said the exact same thing at almost the exact same spot, however she held it for 10 minutes while we went on the ride. We now ask the kids if they have to go pee before getting in line. The joys of parenting.
Next we went to Grizzly River Rafting, were we got soaked, but had a great time.
Brother Bear park was next... they ran across rope bridges, slid down "log" slides, and swang on rope swings. This is a very cool part of the park. There were hardly any people in this attraction and the kids loved it.
By this time it was 6pm and California Adventure was closing. We didn't realize it closed so early, but just about everyone went over to Disneyland to either spend the next 2 hours until Disneyland closed, or to go to see the Parade. You can imagine the influx of people at 6pm everynight.
We followed everyone out of California Adventure and headed into Disneyland. We headed to Autotopia. Where Ryan and Sydney drove their cars, with a little assistance from mom and dad with the gas peddle. I have some funny video footage of Ryan driving. There's a part that feels like it's going "offroad". I told Ryan he had gone off road and he was quite concerned, he said "you're supposed to..." I'm glad I had the camera rolling as his facial expression was priceless.
Day one was great.