Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Late nights and long swims

I stayed up until just after midnight last night attempting to get the scout records in order for our Scout troop. The funny thing is I'm just an Assistant Team Coach (Varsity age boys) and there are others that are called to keep up with the records, but since it wasn't done and my boys were in charge of the Court of Honor, I thought it would be wise to make sure we had Merit Badges and Rank advancements to hand out. I started at 7pm and worked on it until just after midnight. I ended up driving all around the neighborhood gathering information from the last 6 months from the boys.

Today I went swimming again. I had planned on for the month of January to only swim 800 meters (1/2 mile) on Mon, Wed, and Friday, however today while I was swimming and got close to finishing the 800 meters, I thought, I'd go 8 more laps to make it 1200 meters, so I did. When I got close to 1200 meters, I thought I'd go for 8 more laps to make it 1600 meters (1 mile) and I did. I felt really good in the pool today. I swam the mile in just under 29 minutes, on my stomach without stopping. It felt good to swim today. I guess I'll have to adjust my swimming schedule and start swimming longer earlier than I thought.

After swimming, I went to a meeting at work where the CFO had flown in to talk to the employees in Provo. I'm always glad to see CXO's in Provo, it makes me feel like they care about me and my job. It was a great meeting and I'm glad I attended it.