Monday, January 14, 2008

I didn't know you could make such good lego spaceships

I swam 1/2 mile again today. I was able to better my time from Friday by about 30 seconds. I was amazed how sore I was from my swim on Friday.

I showered after swimming, but it doesn't matter as I still smell of chlorine. It seems I have to take about 3 showers before I can't smell it anymore. I usually shower when I get home too, but even after that I can still smell chlorine (and I'm itchy). The joys of staying in shape and training for a Triathlon.

After dinner, Deni went out to a funeral of a lady in our ward. The kids and I stayed at home. Sydney wanted to watch a movie and Ryan wanted to play with legos. So I combined both of them. We watched the Emperors New Groove (a favorite at our house.) When Ryan was little he would watch that movie over and over. So when it started, I started quoting the movie. Ryan looked at me and asked me how I knew the words to the movie. He had forgotten how much he liked that movie as a kid and how many times I watched it with him.

I built a lego spaceship while we watched the movie. Ryan saw it and said. "Dad, I didn't know you could make such good lego spaceships."

Everything gets put into perspective when you hear things like that from your kids. I'm sure glad Ryan thinks I'm good at making lego spaceships.