It was fun for us to spend one on one time with each of the kids and be able to focus only on them and what they wanted to do. Since it was one on one, it was fun to listen to what they wanted to talk about.
We gave the kids a small budget for the night and let them spend it as they wanted. We told them they could go out to eat with the money, or we could eat before went out and spend it on other fun things, or better yet they could spend it all on themselves if they wanted to. As with all good ideas we got busy and we never did it again.
With the new year, we thought we would try and start it up again.
Tonight it was my turn to go out with Ryan. (while Deni and Sydney went out).
Ryan and I started out the night by playing a game of Mario Strikers Charged (which is a really fun Soccer game on the Wii) at our house. Next we drove to Lehi to Thanksgiving Point to the Mammoth Screen Theater, which is an iMax type theater. We bought tickets to "Sea Monsters" in 3D and then walked around the theater looking at dinosaurs.
At 7:20 pm we were seated. I asked the lady if it was going to be a private showing as Ryan and I were the only ones there. We got our 3D glasses and choose our seat. 2 minutes before the movie started, one couple walked in and sat a few rows behind us. It was almost a private showing.
Ryan and I with our 3D glasses on.
The movie alone would have been pretty cool, but the fact that it was 3D made it even better. We enjoyed reaching out attempting to touch the giant "Sea Monsters" as they swam towards us. It was only 45 minutes long, but again, well worth the money.
Sea Monsters takes audiences on a remarkable journey into the relatively unexplored world of the “other dinosaurs,” those reptiles that lived beneath the water.
After the movie we decided to run across the street to Cabelas to look at the giant fish tanks. We didn't have much time at Cabelas but got to look around really quick.
I had a great time with Ryan tonight. I wouldn't change a thing about him. I'm pretty lucky to have such a great son.

