Saturday, August 08, 2009

23 fish

I got the urge to go fishing, so I woke up got ready and took the kids to Spanish Oaks pond. Spanish Oaks is a little pond that is supposed to be for kids under 12, but I think it has been way overfished this year, as I didn't see many fish, nor catch anything.



After about an hour, we packed up and headed to Salem Pond. We used my fly rod and my home made "survival" fly rod that I made at Scout camp (Ryan thinks the home made rod was pretty cool, so we took it along). The fish were small but fun to catch.



We ended up catching a bunch of little perch about this size. Ryan was having so much fun, he didn't want to leave.



Each time I caught a fish, Ryan would say "Switch", where we would switch fishing rods. I'd switch with him and then catch a fish on the rod he had just given me, which he would then want to switch back again.

I finally stopped fishing so he could catch more. I ended up catching 11 fish and Ryan caught 12. 23 fish in all.

Sydney was with us too but just wanted to play on the swings and feed the ducks.