Thursday, April 30, 2009

Mr Mom

I worked from home today, so I could be home when Sydney and Ryan got out of school. Deni is at Women's confernece at BYU today and tomorrow.

At 10:30am I took a bike ride and made it back just in time to throw some shorts over my spandex and run get Sydney from school. I don't mind wearing my bike shorts when I'm around others that are dressed similar, but there's something about riding my bike to pick up Sydney in my bike shorts when there are tons of mom's picking up their children.

Novell had more layoffs today. Of course the first day I work from home, they have layoffs. Today was the last day of the quarter, so I'm assuming they were attempting to meet some type of numbers. It used to be that we only had to worry about year end (Nov), but it appears that it's going to be at the end of each quater now. Great. My job is safe now... at least for another quarter, right?

Sydney said some funny things tonight.

This evening I told Sydney that I loved her. Her response was "I love you google" Not knowing for sure what she said, I asked her to repeat herself and she said "I love you google - it's more than infinity"

Dinner was.... Macaronni and Cheese, at the kids request. Maybe they just know better than to have me cook anything else.

While Sydney was saying her prayers tonight, she said "Please bless that mom will drive home safely and that she will learn how to be a better mommy." I'm sure this could be taken a number of ways, but it was a very pure and innocent statement by her. Deni is currently at Womens Conference at BYU and although I'm not certain, I'm sure that Deni told Sydney that she was going Women's conference to learn how to be a better mommy. I guess we'll see once Deni reads this and see if I'm right.